Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Halloween Horror



It’s almost Halloween so here’s a horror story. 
Today my lesson was making sandwiches out of moldy bread, but they obviously didn’t eat them. I would make a sandwich and put leaves and clean tissues and toothpicks onto the bread to make a yucky sandwich. It was a lot of fun to see the kids reactions and about half the lesson was on not eating yucky food, especially not moldy bread. It was a good lesson and in my last class they pretended to eat the bread, then reenacted puking and dying and stuff like that so I thought the message was pretty clear “you don’t eat moldy bread". (It was literally covered in green mold because I forgot about it for three weeks.) At the end of my last class they weren’t listening so I had them help clean the classroom and they threw away all the fake food and the sealed bag of moldy bread and tissues. I thought the lesson had gone well and I only had a few minutes left in class when I heard kids yelling “TEACHA!! TEACHA!!” and I turned around and Romeo the king of pills was standing over the trashcan with the bread bag ripped open and a huge mouthful of bread. EWWWW!! Why WHY would you do that??? I freaked out and had him spit it in the trash can and tried to get him to spit it all out and I think he got most of it out but another little girl named Chris also ate a little of it and I don’t know if she swallowed but I told her to spit it out, too. I was terrified thta the kids would get sick and I would get in trouble and the Romeo kept saying “Teacha, me no bleh (pretending to throw up) me no yucky” but I wanted him to know it was not ok that he did that so I pointed at him and motioned that he was going to throw up. In the end, both kids came to class the next day perfectly fine so I guess they're ok! That was definitely a scary teaching moment, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment