Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Train to Guilin

Train rides... I've been on a few, and they're always interesting. Some highlights always include:
Everyone on the train taking pictures of us. 
Everyone on the train surrounding us as we tell them about our lives and teach them English. 
Everyone laughing at us as we awkwardly look for the bathroom. 

So as you can assume, all of the above happened to me during our 7.5 hour ride last night. 

When we got on the train, it was a little tricky to find our seats. Mostly because it was just so crowded you had to push through the crowds. Once we found our seats, we discovered that we were a little spread out. We were within talking distance (well, shouting distance) but we were all mixed in with the Chinese people on the train. After about 5 hours I broke the ice with the people across from me who spoke a tiny bit of English. They were some nice guys who were both 20. By the end of the train ride I had shown them a bunch of pictures of my family and life and they had shown me pictures of their girlfriends. It was so funny! I love "talking" to people on trains because it shows that even if you can hardly speak any words to each other, you still can be friends and have fun together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment