Saturday, September 26, 2015

Toxic Toads

The awkward moment when.… a few weeks ago, I saw some really cute frogs hopping around outside our apartment, so I of course had to pick them up. I have always loved frogs, so I was excited to learn that we had some living near by. Tonight I was outside and Kallie pointed to the ground and was all excited because there was two adorable ones hopping around. I made a dive for them and was super excited to walk around holding the cute little froggies. After a minute, I showed an older chinese woman and she smiled and told me the Chinese name for them. But then when I showed her them again but more in the light, she gasped, told me a different name for them, and started urgently telling me to wash my hands. Turns out, the frogs are actually poisonous and shouldn't be picked up. When I told Daisy the story she said "Oh, well yes, people here don't pick up frogs…"  Moral of the story is don't pick up frogs no matter how cute they are. 

**Update. Found out this creature was a toad, not a frog. His name is also Todd. I saw Todd hoping around outside and it broke my heart I couldn't pick him up. Poor Todd, he needs love.**

No comments:

Post a Comment